UT Southwestern Medical Center offers 27 residency programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and 3 residency programs with compenents of individally accredited ACGME programs. Residents see a wide variety of patients, providing opportunities for a well-rounded clinical experience.
For trainee verification, please contact the program directly.
- Child Neurology
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- Internal Medicine/Psychiatry
- Interventional Radiology – Integrated
- Medical Genetics and Genomics
- Neurological Surgery
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pathology – Anatomic and Clinical
- Pediatrics/Psychiatry/Adolescent Psychiatry-Triple Board
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery - Integrated
- Radiation Oncology
- Vascular Surgery - Integrated
Applicants with one of the following qualifications are eligible for appointment to accredited residency programs at UT Southwestern Medical Center:
- Graduates of medical schools in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)
- Graduates of colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada who meet one of the following qualifications:
- Have a current, valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Have an ECFMG-sponsored J-1 visa or INS-issued employment authorization
Eligible applicants are selected based on their preparedness, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills, and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. Programs do not discriminate regarding sex, race, age, religion, color, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If applicable, programs participate in an organized matching program, such as the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
UT Southwestern residents and fellows are employed by various institutions. Below you can find the current stipends by PGY level and sample contracts for each employer.
UT Southwestern University Hospitals
Parkland Health & Hospital System
Scottish Rite for Children
- Scottish Rite for Children Sample Contract
- Texas Scottish Rite 2023-2024 salary - PGY6: $76,096.80