Education and Training Programs
A passion for learning infuses all that we do here at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Each year, thousands of people – ranging from inquisitive high school students and teachers to tenured physicians and up-and-coming basic science researchers – expand their horizons by participating in a degree or non-degree related program, workshop, certificate program, or summer camp.
Whether you are looking for a professional degree, enrichment opportunities, or training, UT Southwestern can help you achieve your goals.
UT Southwestern Medical School
Combined Degree Programs
- M.D./MBA – Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- M.D./M.P.H. – Master’s Degree in Public Health
- M.D./Ph.D. – Medical Scientist Training Program (MTSP)
UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Programs leading to the degrees of Doctor of Philosophy or Master of Science are offered in the following academic areas:
- Biological Chemistry – Ph.D.
- Biomedical Engineering – Ph.D. (Joint program with UT Dallas and UT Arlington)
- Cancer Biology – Ph.D.
- Cell and Molecular Biology – Ph.D.
- Clinical Psychology – Ph.D.
- Genetics, Development and Disease – Ph.D.
- Immunology – Ph.D.
- Integrative Molecular and Biomedical Sciences – Ph.D.
- Molecular Biophysics – Ph.D.
- Molecular Microbiology – Ph.D.
- Neuroscience – Ph.D.
- Organic Chemistry – Ph.D.
Two specialties may be added to any of the above Ph.D. training opportunities:
UT Southwestern School of Health Professions
Programs leading to a degree are offered in the following academic areas:
- Applied Clinical Research – Doctor of Applied Clinical Research
- Clinical Nutrition – Master of Clinical Nutrition – Coordinated Program
- Clinical Sciences – Master of Clinical Science
- Physical Therapy – Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant Studies – Master of Physician Assistant Studies
- Prosthetics-Orthotics – Master of Prosthetics-Orthotics