Maps and Directions – Visitor Information
Directions to UT Southwestern Medical Center
UT Southwestern Medical Center is located in the heart of the Southwestern Medical District – a nearly 400-acre medical complex 10 minutes north of downtown Dallas that incorporates UT Southwestern, Children’s Health℠ Children’s Medical Center Dallas, and Parkland Memorial Hospital. The district is bordered by Mockingbird Lane, Medical District Drive, Interstate 35E (Stemmons Freeway), and Maple Avenue.
Located near the main entrance to UT Southwestern on Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison Drive (opposite Harry Hines Boulevard from Butler Street; Campus Map), the visitor information booth is staffed on weekdays. It is a convenient resource for visitors arriving on campus.
After parking, visitors can walk to the Visitor Information Center (Building A), where the staff can provide maps, parking and shuttle information, and directions to specific campus buildings. The Center is located at the entrance to the Plaza and is open from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390
For Automated Directions: 214-648-6264
Directions to a Clinical Building
For detailed directions to a particular clinical building, select a location below or call 214-648-6264 for recorded directions using the automated system.
- Aston Building
- Bass Administrative and Clinical Center
- Clements Imaging Building
- Health Professions Building
- Moncrief Building (Radiation Oncology)
- Outpatient Building
- Professional Office Building 1
- Professional Office Building 2
- Seay Building (Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center)
- Sprague Building
- William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital
- Zale Lipshy Pavilion – William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital
Additional Wayfinding Information
- UT Southwestern Automated Directory: 214-645-3111
- A voice-activated system connects callers to UT Southwestern Departments, Faculty, and Staff, and to registered patients at University Hospitals.
- Campus Answering Service: 866-645-6455 (toll-free)
- Calls are answered by UT Southwestern operators who can assist callers with general information.
- Automated Directions to UT Southwestern: 214-648-6264
- A touch phone-activated system offers options for driving to UT Southwestern from all directions via major freeways and thoroughfares.
- Campus Police (Non-Emergency): 214-648-8311
- Calls are answered 24/7 to assist visitors and staff with non-emergency needs while they are on campus.
- Automobile Assistance – Daytime: 214-648-9600, After-Hours: 214-648-8311
- Visitors and staff who need a jump-start or are locked out of their automobile on campus can receive help 24/7.