Getting Ready for Retirement?
If you are nearing retirement, you may need to make changes to your UTSW benefits.
You have 31 days from retirement date to change your benefits. If you do not make your changes within this 31-day period, changes cannot be made until the next Annual Enrollment in July, to be effective the following September 1.
Possible Next Steps
- For Medical Insurance
- Contact the benefits office to select your retiree coverage.
- UT SELECT medical coverage is free for retirees only.
- Retirees living in the area who are Medicare-eligible or who cover Medicare-eligible family members are not eligible to enroll in the UT CONNECT ACO, but they continue to be eligible for the UT SELECT Medical plan.
- You can continue your UT SELECT medical coverage.
- View My Current Benefits
- Go to My UT Benefits.
- Choose “The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center,” and click “Select.”
- Log in.
- Click the “MY UT BENEFITS” button.
- Review “Your benefits at a glance” or click “Confirmation Statement” on the left navigation.
- Review Additional Coverage Available
- Retirement Basics
- Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS)
- UT Retirement Manager
- UT System Retirement Program
Questions about your benefits?
Benefits Help Line