Skip to Main

Gain or Loss of Non-UTSW Coverage

If you or a dependent gain or lose non-UT Southwestern insurance, you may need to enroll in or change coverage for yourself or dependents.

You have 31 days from the date of gaining or losing non-UTSW coverage to change your benefits. If you do not make your changes within this 31-day period, changes cannot be made until the next Annual Enrollment in July, to be effective the following September 1. Consider your options by reviewing UT Benefits plan information.

Possible Next Steps

  • Review Coverage
    • Go to My UT Benefits.
    • Click “Confirmation Statement” in the left menu.
    • Review your insurance elections.
  • Enroll or Make Changes
    • Go to My UT Benefits.
    • Click “Benefits.”
    • Click “Edit Coverage” under the plan you wish to change.
    • Follow the prompts to enter and save changes for you or your dependents.
    • Click “Document Manager” to upload supporting documents.
      • Marriage license is required to add a spouse.
      • Birth certificate is required to add a child.
      • Certificate of Creditable Coverage (or coverage letter) showing gain or loss of coverage is required to make mid-year changes.

Questions about your benefits?

Benefits Help Line