Leave of Absence Nonpaid
If your employment status changes to Nonpaid Leave, your insurance benefits will be affected.
Possible Next Steps
- Continue Insurance While on Nonpaid Leave
- Go to My UT Benefits, and click “Confirmation Statement” to view your insurance cost.
- Mail the Insurance Continuation/Expiration Notice with a payment for any coverage you wish to continue while on leave to:
- UT Southwestern Human Resources
Employee Benefits and Retirement
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75390-9023
- Reactivate Coverage
- Contact the benefits office to reinstate coverage.
- Go to My UT Benefits.
- Click “Confirmation Statement” to review your elections.
- Taking leave under the Family Medical Leave Act
- Qualifying Reasons for Leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (U.S. Department of Labor)
Questions about leave?
Questions about your benefits?
Benefits Help Line