Requests for Slides and Blocks
Slides and blocks can be requested by an outside institution or patient as part of a patient’s continuation of care.
See the below information on how to request your slides and blocks from UT Southwestern (UTSW) affiliated hospitals and clinics.
Please fax an official request on facility letterhead to Anatomic Pathology Central Receiving (APCR) stating the request is for continuation of patient care. Unstained slides/stained slides can be provided (blocks are not released).
Please include the following information:
- Patient demographic information:
- Patient’s name
- Patient’s date of birth
- Patient’s UTSW MRN (if known)
- Pathology surgical case information:
- Pathology case number OR the date range for the requested case
- How many unstained slides / at what thickness (microns) OR if requesting existing stained slides
- Where to send material:
- Contact Name
- Contact Phone Number
- Consent for release, signed by Patient
Please fax this information to: 214-633-8854 (attn: Anatomic Pathology Central Receiving - APCR)
Patients are able to request their slides by one of the following two options:
- Have your physician send an official request. See “Outside Institution Requests” above.
- Contact Medical Records