Anatomic Pathology Consultation
Our Consultation Service
The UT Southwestern Anatomic Pathology Laboratory provides internationally recognized expertise in Surgical Pathology, Cytopathology, Neuropathology, Hematopathology, and Pediatric Pathology. Our pathologists accept traditional glass slide second opinion consultations or digitally scanned whole slides.
The following features have been incorporated into our consult service to better serve our consulting physicians:
- Broad expertise in virtually all specialties
- Direct line to responsive central receptionist to handle inquiries
- Prompt response
- Automatic faxed notification that cases have been received
- Two-to-three-day turnaround on cases not requiring additional studies
- Reports automatically faxed and hard copies sent when case is signed out
- Automatic return of all slides and paraffin blocks, by Federal Express, unless permission granted by consulting physician
Find information below on how to send us slides and blocks for expert consultation. Due to the large size of our department and to best connect you directly with the group of experts who will be analyzing your case, we have specific shipping and contact information for several different subspecialties.
Please send all material (slides/blocks) along with a copy of your pathology reports and patient insurance information to:
Blocks and Slides
William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital
Department of Pathology
6201 Harry Hines Blvd, Suite UH04.233
Dallas, TX 75390-9073
Digital consults may be submitted to UT Southwestern Pathology by contacting Angie Lee (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) or Justin Bishop, M.D. (Justin.Bishop@UTSouthwestern.edu) to set up an account.
Please contact 214-648-2148 to request neuropathology consultation.
Please contact 214-456-2322 to request pediatric pathology consultation.
- Bone and Soft Tissue Pathology
- Breast Pathology
- Gastrointestinal / Liver Pathology
- Genitourinary Pathology
- Gynecologic Pathology
- Head and Neck Pathology
- Hematopathology / Flow Cytometry
- Renal Pathology, Native and Transplant
- Thoracic Pathology, Surgical and Transplant
Anatomic Subspecialty Consultation
Pediatric Pathology Consultation