As a clinical and translational investigator, we know you are busy. The Clinical Research Unit staff aims to make the study initiation process smooth yet thorough to ensure the best possible outcomes from your research activities. Following the steps below helps the CRU staff fully understand your request, plan for your study, and ensure our services best meet your needs.
Request Research Services
- Complete Request for Research Services and attach all required information (IRB-approved Protocol (or draft, if pending approval), consent form, nursing instructions, lab manual, and any other information that may be helpful).
- Submit the completed request and all required attachments. CRUAdministration@utsouthwestern.edu
- CRU staff will schedule a Protocol Review Meeting to discuss the services requested
- A Letter of Agreement (LOA) will be drafted and circulated for signatures, at which time a CRU-specific study number will be assigned.
- Register for an account in iLab (see instructions below).
If you have any questions regarding the study initiation process or need help compiling information, please contact CRUAdministration@utsouthwestern.edu.
Request for Formal Quote
It is strongly recommended that study teams request a quote for CRU and IDS services PRIOR to submitting budgets to funding agencies. Pricing provided through a formal written quote is valid for two (2) years.
Follow the above steps to request a quote.
Register for an Account in iLab
All PIs and study members, including billing contacts, should register for an iLab account prior to requesting participant visits.
- Navigate to the core facilities page: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Select sign-up
- Click “here” under UTSW user
- You will be directed to an authentication page where you will need to enter your UT Southwestern credentials.
- Once you have entered your credentials, select Continue
- You will be directed to an iLab registration page where you will need to select your PI/Lab, and verify your contact information. (If you are the PI, then you can create your lab here)
- Once your registration has been submitted, your PI will receive a notification that you have requested membership to his/her lab in iLab. The PI will need to approve your membership, select your iLab rights, and assign a subledger for your use.
Note: A subledger must be added to iLab before a research visit can be requested. For more information on managing your iLab account and paying invoices, please review these documents.