PGY1 Pharmacy Residency
The UT Southwestern Medical Center Pharmacy Practice Residency Program is an ASHP-accredited health-system pharmacy program. Our PGY1 residency program will accept three residents each academic year.
Residents will select four elective rotations to meet their professional goals in addition to the orientation to pharmacy operations and completion of the practice related required learning experiences. After training in acute care, ambulatory care, and practice management, residents should attain the knowledge and skills needed to enable them to provide a high level of clinical service and pharmaceutical care throughout their careers as well-rounded practitioners and practice leaders.
Required Learning Experiences
- Orientation (July)
- Project /Research (December)
- Advanced Staffing
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Internal Medicine
- Critical Care
- Internal Medicine
- Pharmacy Administration
Longitudinal Learning Experiences
- Anticoagulation Clinic
- Staffing every third weekend
- Teaching Certificate
- ACPE Accredited CE Presentation
- Code Blue/Code Stroke Responses
- Drug Monograph
- Medication Use Evaluation
- Precept pharmacy students
Elective Learning Experiences
- Include but not limited to:
- Advanced Critical Care
- Advanced/Clinical Pharmacy Administration
- Advanced Infectious Disease/Consult
- Advanced Internal Medicine/Geriatrics
- Anticoagulation – Ambulatory Care
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care
- Investigational Drug Services
- NeuroCritical Care
- Surgical Critical Care and Nutrition Support Services
12 months, beginning in July
Three PGY1 Pharmacy Residents
Applying to the Program
- Graduate from an ACPE-accredited pharmacy program with a PharmD degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.1 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must be eligible for Texas licensure
- Applicants must register for the ASHP Resident Matching Program (National Matching Services) and complete online application via Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) at https://portal.phorcas.org/
- Application deadline of January 4th, 2021
Salary and Benefits
- Classified as a full-time employee of UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Annual competitive salary to be provided
- Paid vacation/holiday leave
- Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical and life insurance
- Travel funding for conferences
Ashley Abraham, Pharm.D.
Ashley Abraham is a PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Abraham received her Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Psychology from Austin College and her Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy. Her pharmacy interests include solid organ transplant, internal medicine, and emergency medicine. She is a member of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the American College of Clinical Pharmacy. During her spare time, Dr. Abraham enjoys yoga, learning the drums, and baking.
Marc Esquivel, Pharm.D.
Dr. Marc Esquivel is a PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He received his Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Texas at San Antonio and his Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of North Texas System College of Pharmacy. His pharmacy interests include critical care, emergency medicine, and administration. He is a member of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists and the Texas Society of HealthSystem Pharmacists. During his free time, Dr. Esquivel enjoys being outdoors, playing chess, reading, and spending time with his family and friends.
Yana Maskov, Pharm.D.
Dr. Yana Nicole Maskov is a PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Resident at UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Maskov completed her undergraduate coursework and received her Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Texas at Austin. Her pharmacy interests include infectious disease, oncology, and internal medicine. She is a member of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, Rho Chi Society, and Phi Delta Chi. In her spare time, Dr. Maskov enjoys playing tennis, competing in trivia, and spending time with her dachshund.