Biomedical Preparatory at UT Southwestern
Science Starts Here
School to Open in Fall 2022
Recognizing the opportunity to provide a unique educational experience for young children, UT Southwestern and Dallas Independent School District have partnered to create a new facility that will provide young children a firm foundation in STEM. Dallas ISD is establishing a new Biomedical Preparatory at UT Southwestern that will open in fall 2022. It will be located on our campus on Forest Park Road and the curriculum will be designed to stimulate curiosity about the wonders of science and to provide young children a foundation for future discovery.
This partnership will give students firsthand exposure to real-world science as well as direct access to exciting STEM and biomedical science-related field trips. By embedding hands-on activities such as robotics, experiments, and computer coding into the core curriculum, students will begin to build critical thinking skills and gain confidence in their knowledge of STEM subjects.
- Annual application process will open in November and close in January
- Enrollment offers are generated via a randomized lottery designed to achieve socioeconomic diversity
- Enrollment will begin with prekindergarten (children 3-4 years old) through first grade and add an additional grade level each year, up to eighth grade
Things to know:
- For admission, children of UT Southwestern employees and learners are eligible to apply
- Transportation is provided for students living within Dallas ISD boundaries
To stay up to date about enrollment or other details about the school please visit the Dallas ISD website. To learn more about the Medical District PK-8 Biomedical School this FAQ is available as a resource: Biomedical Preparatory at UT Southwestern FAQs.
Still have questions? Submit them to Dallas ISD through their online portal.