Message from the Interim Director
Director of Clinical Training
Graduate School: UT Southwestern Medical Center (1998)
Thank you for your interest in the UT Southwestern Medical Center Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program. Our graduate program includes an affiliated Doctoral Internship Program. Both programs are separately accredited by the American Psychological Association.
I want to highlight the unique aspects of our training programs. Because we are located in a university medical center, we provide a wide variety of both clinical and research experiences, with access to diverse psychiatric and medical populations. In addition to the large on-campus faculty, we have an extensive volunteer faculty in the community who provide training and supervision of our graduate students and doctoral interns.
We provide specialty training in health psychology/behavioral medicine, neuropsychology, child psychology (child health psychology, child neuropsychology, and specialty training in eating disorders and autism), and general clinical psychology.
In your search for programs, it is important to be aware of the program outcomes, which are described on all APA-approved program websites. We are very proud of our training outcomes:
- An average of 4.5 years to completion of the Ph.D., including the doctoral internship program
- 100 percent internship match every year
- A low attrition rate (2.2 percent in the past five years)
- An average national licensure exam score of one standard deviation above the national mean
- 100 percent of our graduates are placed in either postdoctoral fellowships or employment
We hope that you will consider our Clinical Psychology Graduate Program for your graduate training. Please contact us if we can assist you in your application process.