Postdoctoral Research Training Program
The postdoctoral experience at UT Southwestern Medical Center emphasizes scholarship and research, as well as training beyond the bench. This program, administered by the Postdoctoral Affairs Office within the UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, offers a wide range of postdoctoral training opportunities.
Non-Degree Research Training Programs
The UT Southwestern Graduate School offers non-degree programs that allow you to interact with UT Southwestern’s prominent scientists, experience modern research techniques, and access our advanced research facilities.
Available non-degree research training options include:
- Amgen Scholars Program
- Postbaccalaureate to PhD (PB2PHD) Program
- Science Teacher Access to Resources at Southwestern (STARS)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Institution for the Study of Kidney Disease (SURISKD)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) – Stem Cell
- UT Dallas Green Fellows
The UT Southwestern Medical Center Lyda Hill Department of Bioinformatics, offers internships for students taking a COVID-19 related gap year or those looking for a virtual opportunity to fulfill internship course requirements. Virtual opportunities replaced the U-Hack Med 2020 Hackathon but still provided an exciting way to engage in longer hackathon-inspired projects with meaningful outcomes.
U-Hack Med Gap Year
Key benefits of the program include its:
- Fully virtual environment.
- Paid stipend.
- Ability to attract curious, mature, and motivated undergraduate students.
- Emphasis on computer science and engineering skills.
- Common goal of solving real-world problems to advance biomedical science.