A complete application will include:
- One complete and submitted online application
- Transcripts from all post-high school institutions attended
- General GRE exam scores
- Required for Clinical Psychology Ph.D. application
- Optional for Basic Science Ph.D. program applications
- TOEFL exam scores – for international applicants only
- Three letters of recommendation. Please have the names and email addresses of your three recommenders before you begin the application.
Individual programs and tracks may have one or more additional requirements specific to the area of training. Additional requirements or considerations can be found in descriptions of individual programs.
When evaluating applicants, the admission committee will consider:
- Letters of recommendation
- Research experience
- Grade point average
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test scores - Clinical Psychology Ph.D. Program Applicants only
- Undergraduate curriculum breadth and rigor
- Personal essay and motivation for a career in scientific research
- Personal integrity
- English language competency
- Socioeconomic background
*As authorized by the Board of Regents, and subject to the approval of the UT System, the UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences added race and ethnicity to the broad range of criteria considered for student admission and for the awarding of scholarships and fellowships beginning with the 2006-2007 academic year.