Our experienced nursing staff is specially trained to perform clinical research procedures, work with investigators, and assist study staff. Patient safety is the CRU’s main priority; our nurses consistently use expert clinical judgment, critical thinking skills, and a participant-centered approach to care. Each research participant receiving CRU nursing services can expect to feel welcome, appreciated, and cared for in a confidential research environment.
The CRU nursing staff can assist with the following tasks:
- One-on-one and protocol-specific nursing care;
- Administration of investigational drugs and infusions (including chemotherapy and biotherapy drugs);
- Placement and management of intravenous catheters;
- Participant assessments and continuous monitoring;
- Oral glucose testing and assistance with intravenous glucose testing;
- Preparation of detailed flow sheets and physician orders to ensure studies are conducted per protocol;
- Precise data collection and documentation, per protocol;
- Handling and processing of patient specimens; and
- Other nursing services as requested.
CRU Without Walls
Parkland Health and Hospital System
CRU nurses and coordinators are credentialed to perform in-patient research procedures at Parkland, upon request.
Children’s Medical Center
CRU nurses and coordinators are credentialed to perform research procedures at Children’s, upon request.