A primary teaching site and one of the largest public county hospitals in the country. Since opening in 1894, it has served the indigent population of Dallas County with excellence. From its initial affiliation with UT Southwestern Medical School in the 1940s, it has also provided an amazing spectrum of clinical pathology for trainees from preventative care to late presentations of disease rarely seen elsewhere in the country. Parkland opened a new 862 bed hospital in 2015 with 35 MICU/CCU beds, 24 SICU beds, 12 Burn ICU beds, and 12 Neuro ICU beds.
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Second-largest civilian burn unit in the U.S.
- The largest (busiest) emergency room in the U.S.
- One of the busiest obstetrics service in the world
The state-of-the-art Clements University Hospital opened in 2014 with a unique architectural design and 460 beds equipped with the latest technology for patient-centered care and medical education. UT Southwestern hospital was named the #1 hospital in the DFW region and #2 hospital in Texas according to US News & World Report for the last four years.
- Robust transplant center with exposure to pre- and post-transplant care
- Excellence in Pulmonary Hypertension, Cystic Fibrosis programs
The second-largest VA health system in the country serving over 100,000 veterans in the region. The hospital has 289 acute care beds as well as a large spinal cord injury unit and community living center on-site. This patient population provides broad exposure to “bread-and-butter” medicine as well as advanced care options through the broad nationwide VA network.
- First VA in the country with transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) program
- Well integrated outpatient medicine resources including telemedicine, homeless patient care.
Parkland Center for Internal Medicine
Parkland's primary care clinic that serves as a safety net clinic for large underserved and ethnically diverse population.
DAVMC Prime Clinic
The VA's primary care clinic with excellent integration of outpatient services.
William T. and Gay F. Solomon General Internal Medicine Clinic
Clement's Primary care clinic located in the Professional Office Building 2, features one on one attending supervision with longitudinal mentorship.