A primary teaching site and one of the largest public county hospitals in the country. Since opening in 1894, it has served the indigent population of Dallas County with excellence. From its initial affiliation with UT Southwestern Medical School in the 1940s, it has also provided an amazing spectrum of clinical pathology for trainees from preventive care to late presentations of disease rarely seen elsewhere in the country. Parkland opened a new 882 bed hospital in 2015 with 35 MICU/CCU beds,12 CVICU beds, 12 SICU beds, 12 Burn ICU beds, and 12 Neuro ICU beds.
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Second-largest civilian burn unit in the U.S.
- The largest (busiest) emergency room in the U.S.
- One of the busiest obstetrics service in the world
Clements University Hospital
The state-of-the-art Clements University Hospital has a unique architectural design and 750 beds equipped with the latest technology for patient-centered care and medical education. UT Southwestern Medical Center is the No. 1 hospital in Dallas-Fort Worth for the sixth consecutive year by US News & World Report.
- Robust transplant center with exposure to pre- and post-transplant care
- Ranked as one of the top 25 hospitals for pulmonology and lung surgery by U.S. News & World Report
Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center
The Dallas VA Medical Center is the second-largest VA health system in the country, serving over 100,000 veterans. The hospital has 289 acute care beds, with a large spinal cord injury center and a community living center on-site. This patient population provides broad exposure to “bread-and-butter” medicine as well as advanced care options through the nationwide VA network.
- First VA in the country with transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) program
- Well-integrated outpatient medicine resources including telemedicine, homeless patient care
Parkland Center for Internal Medicine
Parkland's primary care clinic, which serves as a safety net clinic for a large, underserved, and ethnically diverse population.
DVAMC Prime Clinic
The VA's primary care clinic with excellent integration of outpatient services.
William T. and Gay F. Solomon General Internal Medicine Clinic
UT Southwestern's primary care clinic, located in the Professional Office Building across the street from Clements University Hospital, allows residents to work one-on-one with an attending who provides longitudinal mentorship.