For Medical Students
UTSW Dermatology Residency Virtual Meet and Great
The UT Southwestern Dermatology Residency Program will be hosting a virtual Meet and Greet on Wednesday, August 24th from 6:30-7:30 pm CST. During the webinar, we will share information about our curriculum, research opportunities, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and wellness efforts. We hope to see you there!
Wednesday, August 24th, 6:30-7:30pm CST
Register at: Webinar Registration - Zoom
Zoom link to be provided upon registration
Please scroll through the video to the time listed below to view specific answers.
- How important are my USMLE scores and AOA status? (:37–2:53)
- What about away rotations? (2:54–5:32)
- When should I do a Dermatology elective at UT Southwestern? (5:33–6:08)
- How can I participate in Dermatology projects? (6:09–6:59)
- How important are projects anyway? (7:00–7:43)
- How many letters of recommendation do I need? (7:44–9:58)
- How about volunteering? (9:59–11:30)
- This is a lot of information. What do I do now? (11:31 13:31)
The following document prepared by faculty, Heidi Jacobe, and dermatology resident, Andrew Park, outlines important components to reflect upon when preparing an application for dermatology residency (constructing your CV, building a brand, and interview tips).