Application Deadline: January 31 of MS3
- Apply for Distinction
By Jan. 31 of MS3
Complete an application for the distinction including a CV detailing your research experience and obtain approval.
- Complete 24 weeks of Full-Time Research
The major requirement of the Distinction involves 24 weeks of full-time research to ensure students have learned the mechanism and process of research.
- Summer Research program during MS0 or MS1 year.
- Yearlong Academic Research Program, such as Dean’s Research Scholar or Sarnoff
- RSRH 2101 or ENRH 0129 Research Electives
- Other research activities subject to review and approval prior to participation
- Research performed toward the attainment of Master’s, Ph.D., or another distinction.
- Paid, hourly research that would be considered employment
- Complete a Thesis & Thesis Presentation
By March 15 of MS4
- Complete a written thesis
- 30-page manuscript including Objectives, Hypothesis, Methods, Outcome and Implications
- Guidelines & resources:
- Assemble a review committee of three or more faculty members who are qualified to assess the research conducted
- Secure committee approval of thesis
- Complete a formal thesis presentation to an audience including the student’s thesis committee
- Final copy of thesis must be signed and turned in to the Student Affairs office for submission to Library
Distinction Timeline Highlights
- Jan. 31 of MS3
Complete the distinction application.
- July 31 of MS4
Confirm you are still seeking the distinction and verify progress toward completion of all requirements.
- Jan. 1 of MS4
Complete all required courses.
- March 15 of MS4
Complete thesis and thesis presentation.