About the Simulation Center
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s Simulation Center offers fully integrated simulation-based learning for medical students, residents, and fellows in our graduate medical education program.
The Simulation Center provides education for:
- 1,400 residents and fellows every year
- 950 medical students every year
- 150 physician assistant students from UT Southwestern School of Health Professions
- Faculty and stakeholders in 21 departments
- Participants in the UT Southwestern Health Care System
- Interprofessional education students, including UT Arlington and Texas Woman’s University nursing students
Our Mission and Vision
In an effort to improve patient care through simulation-based education and scholarship, UT Southwestern’s Simulation Center provides high quality, innovative simulation-based education and scholarship for UT Southwestern and our community.
We have one of the largest simulation centers in the United States, replicating and creating virtual environments for training in clinical care and procedures. Learn more about our facilities.
UT Southwestern’s enhanced simulation program provides training in 13 competencies, and includes valuable hands-on instruction. Learn more about our services.
Learn More About Us
- A multidisciplinary team of experts provides services at the Simulation Center.
- Committees of seasoned simulation experts guide decision making in areas of strategic importance.
- The Simulation Center has earned accreditation from some of the nation’s leading organizations.