UT Southwestern’s state-of-the-art Simulation Center is one of the largest simulation centers in the United States.
Occupying the entire second and third floors of the new West Campus medical building, the Simulation Center replicates and creates virtual environments for training in clinical care and procedures provided in a wide variety of settings, including operating rooms, labor and delivery suites, intensive care units, and the emergency room.
Twenty standardized patient rooms are available to train health care providers, with their education further enhanced by interchangeable high-fidelity manikin rooms, task training spaces, dedicated classrooms, and other labs and facilities.
Highlights of the Simulation Center include:
- 49,000 square feet
- 11 high-fidelity training environments, including:
- An emergency department room
- An intensive care room
- A labor and delivery room
- 2 large operating room suites
- 3 robotic surgery-training environments
- Laparoscopic training and suturing lab
- 20 standardized patient exam rooms
- 7 debriefing/meeting rooms
- Wet/dry lab with 140-seat capability
- Engineering and innovations lab
- Multi-skills lab