Honors and Awards
The following are some of the notable honors and awards received by faculty affiliated with the Center for Human Nutrition at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Jay Horton, M.D.
- 2017: NIH INMP Study Section Ad Hoc
- 2016: American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists Frontiers in Science Award
- 2015-2018: American Society for Clinical Investigation Council Member
- 2008: Association of American Physicians
- 2003: American Society for Clinical Investigation
- 2000: Established Investigator American Heart Foundation
- 2000: PEW Scholar PEW Foundation
- 1999:Research Scholar Award American Digestive Health Foundation
Scott Grundy, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2002: Council of Nutrition 75th Anniversary Lecture on Physical Activity and Metabolism
- 2000: American Heart Association Discovery Award
- 1998: American Society of Clinical Nutrition E.V. McCollum Award
- 1998: Baylor College of Medicine Distinguished Alumnus
- 1997: American Heart Association Distinguished Achievement Award
Jonathan C. Cohen, Ph.D.
- 2018: Dallas Historical Society Award for Excellence
- 2018: Endo Award (National Lipid Association)
- 2016: National Lipid Association Lifetime Membership
- 2016: Passano Award
- 2015: Barbara Bowman Distinguished Texas Geneticist Award
- 2009: Robert Levy Lecture (American Heart Association)
- 2004: C. Vincent Prothro Distinguished Chair in Human Nutrition Research
- 1986-1989: Medical Research Council Institute Scholarship
Abhimanyu Garg, M.D.
- 2018, 2014, 20110: Jean D. Wilson, M.D Award for excellence in scientific mentorship
- 2012: NIH Rare Syndromic Body Fat Disorders Workshop, Keynote Speaker
- 2011: Henry Ford Hospital, Dorothy M. Kahkonen, M.D. Lectureship
- 2011: Distinguished Chair in Human Nutrition Research
- 2010: AIIMSONIANS of America, AIIMSONIAN of the Year Award
- 2009: Greater Dallas Indo-American Chamber of Commerce, Outstanding Contribution in Medicine Award
- 2004: American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, Most Distinguished Teacher/Researcher Award
- 2004: Texas Christian University Green Chair Oration Award
- 2003: 8th Adiposcience Meeting Plenary Lecture
- 2002: All India Institute of Medical Sciences Silver Jubilee Oration Award
- 2000: Member, American Society for Clinical Investigation
- 1998: XXXVIII Annual Meeting of the Mexican Society of Endocrinology Keynote Speaker
- 1991: 8th Japan Diabetes-Lipid Research Seminar Keynote Speaker
Gloria Lena Vega, Ph.D.
- 2002: UT Southwestern Distinguished Professorship in Human Nutrition
- 2013: Robert I. Levy Memorial Award for Lipoprotein Metabolism Research
Shawn Burgess, Ph.D.
- 2016: Daryl K. Granner Lectureship
- 2013: Robert A. Welch Foundation Research Grant Award
- 2009: ADA Basic Science Award
- 2005: American Diabetes Junior Faculty Award
Goncalo Dias do Vale, Ph.D.
- 2011-2015: Chemistry, fate and ecotoxicology of nanoparticles in freshwater bivalves Postdoctoral grant awarded by the Portuguese foundation for Science and Technology
- 2007-2011: Freshwater arsenic detoxification through selenium food supplements: A Proteomics approach Ph.D. grant awarded by the Portuguese foundation for Science and Technology
Luke Engelking, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2014: Distinguished Researcher's Award UT Southwestern President's Research Council
- 2007: Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- 2000: University Honors Texas A&M University
Rodney Infante, M.D., Ph.D
- 2019: President’s Research Council Award
- 2019: Burroughs Wellcome Career Awards for Medical Scientists
- 2019: AGA Research Scholars Award
- 2016: Research Fellowship, Center for Human Nutrition, UT Southwestern
- 2013: Best Intern, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 2012: Hemphill-Gojer Award in Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern
- 2011: Merck Fellowship, Merck
- 2009: Norton B. Gilula Award, American Society for Cell Biology
- 2008: Research Fellowship, Ara Parseghian Medical Research Foundation
Matthew Mitsche, Ph.D.
- 2017: Thermo Scientific Visiting Scholar
- 2015: Lipid MAPs Young Investigator Award
- 2011: Outstanding Graduate Research Award, Boston University
Guosheng Liang, Ph.D.
- 2006: The Hartwell Individual Biomedical Research Award
- 1991: University Fellowship, Ohio State University
Nivedita Patni, M.D.
- 2016: Pediatric Endocrine Society Travel Award for Annual Meeting
- 2015: Endocrine Society Early Career Forum Travel Award for Annual Meeting
- 2015: Pediatric Endocrine Society Travel Award for Lipodystrophy Diagnosis & Treatment Consensus Statement meeting
- 2014: Travel Award for Lipodystrophy meeting: Leptin and Beyond
Jeffrey McDonald, Ph.D.
- 2012: SCIEX Academic Partnership Program Young Investigator Grant