Benefits for Postdoctoral Scholars
Base pay for postdoctoral scholars is set by the Dean of the Graduate School each fiscal year and is competitive by following the guidelines stipulated by the National Institutes of Health.
Postdoctoral scholars are currently paid according to the NIH NRSA Stipend Levels.
As a postdoctoral scholar paid by UT Southwestern, you can get free health insurance and excellent rates for dependent coverage, plus dental and vision insurance for yourself and your benefits-eligible dependents. Learn more about benefits and insurance and view the benefit costs worksheet.
Postdoctoral scholars paid full time by UT Southwestern receive retirement benefits featuring:
- A wide range of investment options
- Optional tax-sheltered annuity and deferred compensation plan
- Low-cost investment opportunities with no annual fees
- Reliable, proven providers offering comprehensive investment services
Career Planning Resources
The Graduate Career Development Office offers professional development seminars and workshops, as well as personal appointments, to help you identify and develop practical skills for a range of scientific careers.
- Grad Careers can help you prepare for an academic job search and interviews.
- They help you explore and build networks with occupations and industries beyond academic research.
- You learn to assess and reflect upon personal factors including your values, strengths, and skills when choosing a career path.
Questions about Postdoctoral Benefits?
Email the Postdoctoral Affairs Office for assistance.