Postdoctoral Training Opportunities
To explore available opportunities, you may:
View available positions posted by faculty below.
Contact faculty members directly regarding training positions in their laboratories.
Search our research expertise portal, Influuent, based on your research interests.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or veteran status. To learn more, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/why-work-here/diversity-inclusion
Advanced Imaging Research Center
- Bacterial Domain – Kimberly Reynolds, Ph.D.
- Bacterial Gene Regulatory Networks – Kimberly Reynolds, Ph.D.
- Biosynthetic Pathway and Protein Engineering – Kimberly Reynolds, Ph.D.
- Machine Learning and Statistical Methods – Jian Zhou, Ph.D.
- Machine learning- Tissue Morphology – Satwik Rajaram, Ph.D.
- Cancer Immunotherapy and Biomedical Engineering – Kareem Azab, Ph.D.
- Drug Resistance Mechanism in Cancer – Kareem Azab, Ph.D.
- Non-and Minimally-invasive Diffuse Optical Tissue Monitoring – David Busch, Ph.D.
Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
Center for Alzheimer's and Neurodegenerative Diseases
Center for the Genetics of Host Defense
- Lymphocyte Quiescence and Lymphomagenesis – Evan Nair-Gill, M.D., Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Metabolic Diseases – Zhao Zhang, Ph.D.
Children’s Research Institute
- Metabolism in Normal and Cancer Cells – Javier Garcia Bermudez, Ph.D.
- Statistical Genomics & Genetics – Ralph DeBerardinis, M.D., Ph.D. & Chao Xing, Ph.D.
Green Center for Reproductive Biology Sciences
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Studies on the Genomics of Gene Regulation — William Kraus, Ph.D.
- Epigenetics and Stem Cell Biology — Laura Banaszynski, Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms, Computational Genomics, Mouse Genetic Models, RNA Biology and Noncoding RNAs, Protein Structure, Translational/Clinical — W. Lee Kraus, Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms, Genomics, Mouse Models, Translational/Clinical - Cristel Camacho, Ph.D.
- Signaling and Gene Regulation using Proteomics and Mass Spectroscopy — William Kraus, Ph.D.
- Structural Biology and Biochemistry of Gene Regulation — W. Lee Kraus, Ph.D. & Xin Liu, Ph.D.
- Transcriptional Condensates in Development and Disease - Benjamin Sabari, Ph.D.
- Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy — Tuoqi Wu, Ph.D.
- Circadian Regulation of Antibody Responses to Virus Infection - David Farrar, Ph.D.
- Circadian Regulation of T Cell Immunity to Virus Infection - David Farrar, Ph.D.
- Innate Immunology — Andrew Sandstrom, Ph.D.Novel Cellular Mechanisms - Dustin Hancks, Ph.D.
- Innate Immunology - Zhenyu Zhong, Ph.D.
- Microbiome in Pediatric Infectious Diseases - Prithvi Raj, Ph.D.
- Circulating Biomarkers in Genitourinary Cancers — Tian Zhang, M.D.
- Energy and Glucose Balance - Chen Liu, Ph.D.
- Human Genetics and Immunology — Xiao-Fei Kong, M.D., Ph.D.
- Immunopathogenesis of Viral Infections - Theodoros Kelesidis, M.D., Ph.D.
- Metabolic Homeostasis — Joel Elmquist, D.V.M., Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Heart Failure - Dan Tong, M.D., Ph.D.
- Molecular Immunology/Cancer Immunology/T Cell Biology - Venuprasad Poojary, Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Metastasis, Therapy Resistance, and Tumor Evolution in Pancreatic Cancer — Ravikanth Maddipati, M.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms and Translational Cancer Research — James Brugarolas, M.D., Ph.D.
- Mucosal Immunology and Neuroimmunology — Michael Shiloh, M.D., Ph.D.
- Neuroimmunology - J. David Beckham, M.D.
- Viral Pathogenesis - J. David Beckham, M.D.
McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development
- Cell Fusion in Development and Regeneration – Elizabeth Chen, Ph.D.
- Cell Signaling Mechanism in Development and Regeneration – Jin Jiang, Ph.D.
- Lung Cancer Pathogenesis – Kathryn A. O’Donnell, Ph.D.
- Mechanisms of Myoblast Fusion in Zebrafish Muscle Development – Elizabeth Chen, Ph.D.
- Cognitive Control - Zhongzheng Fu, Ph.D.
- Human Intracranial Neurophysiology – Srinivas Chivukula, M.D., Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Panagiotis Mastorakos, M.D., Ph.D.
- AD/ADRD Clinical Research – Ihab Hajjar, M.D.
- Cancer Biology – Amyn Habib, M.D.
- Essential Tremor - Elan D. Louis, M.D., M.S.
- Molecular Mechanisms and Therapy for Neurodegenerative Diseases – Marek Napierala, Ph.D.
- Redox Metabolism in Glioma - Evan Noch, M.D., Ph.D.
- Biochemist / Pharmacologist / Drug Development – Mark Henkemeyer, Ph.D.
- Brain Circuit Development – Kimberly Huber, Ph.D. & Jay Gibson, Ph.D.
- Epigenetic Regulation in Brain Health and Disease – Hume Akahori Stroud, Ph.D.
- Gut Circadian Clock – Yuki Obata, Ph.D. & Shin Yamazaki, Ph.D.
- Neural Circuits - Supraja Varadarajan, Ph.D.
- Neurogenomics - Helen Lai, Ph.D.
- Neurogenomics/Computational Biology – Genevieve Konopka, Ph.D.
- Pain and Addiction Researcher / Drug Development – Mark Henkemeyer, Ph.D.
Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Mitochondrial and Metabolic Homeostasis in Corneal Health and Disease - Danielle Robertson, O.D., Ph.D.
- Genomic Instability and Cancer Genetics — Peter Ly, Ph.D.
- Hypoxia, Metabolism and Epigenetics in Cancer — Weibo Luo, Ph.D.
- Kidney Cancer Biology - Payal Kapur, M.D.
- Minimal Residual Disease and Metastasis — Srinivas Malladi, Ph.D.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction, Neurodegeneration and Cell Death - Yingfei Wang, Ph.D.
- Oxidative Stress, Neurodegeneration and Cell Death - Yingfei Wang, Ph.D.
- Single Cell Genetics and Cancer Biology - Siyuan Zhang, M.D., Ph.D.
- Cancer and Developmental Biology - Stephen Skapek, M.D.
- Genomic Disorder Research - Kosuke Izumi, M.D., Ph.D.
- Glycogen Metabolism Related Disorders - Berge Minassian, M.D.
- Host-Microbiota Interactions - Xin Li, Ph.D.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Childhood Cancer Biology — Kenneth Chen, M.D.
- Neuroimaging (MRI) - Jeffrey Waugh, M.D., Ph.D.
Peter O’Donnell Jr. Brain Institute
- Cryo-Electron Microscopy (Cryo-EM) - Sarah Shahmoradian, Ph.D.
- Nanoparticle Synthesis and Cellular Imaging - Sarah Shahmoradian, Ph.D.
Peter O’Donnell Jr. School of Public Health
- Bioinformatics - Yang Xie, Ph.D.
- Bioinformatics, Data Sciences for Precision Health Program - Tao Wang, Ph.D.
- Interdisciplinary Vaccine Research - Saad B. Omer, M.B.B.S, Ph.D.
- Epigenetic Regulation in Neural Development and Brain Cancer — Jiang Wu, Ph.D.
- Selenoproteins in Health and Disease - Anju Sreelatha, Ph.D.
- Translational Cancer Immunology — Chengcheng (Alec) Zhang, Ph.D.
- Biomedical Engineering - Ashish Ranjan, Ph.D.
- Biomedical Research and Medical Physics - Ken Kang-Hsin Wang, Ph.D.
- Cancer Immunotherapy - Ashish Ranjan, Ph.D.
- Development of Molecularly Targeted Therapies for Cancer - Kenneth Westover, M.D., Ph.D.
- Medical Physics - You Zhang, Ph.D.
- Postdoc Position - Ashish Ranjan, Ph.D.
- Understanding “bad soils” of Cancer Metastasis and Developing Novel Cancer Therapeutics - Andrew Wang, M.D.
- Molecular Imaging - Orhan Öz, M.D., Ph.D.
- Neuroimaging - Jiaen Liu, Ph.D.
- PET Physics Research - Spencer Bowen, Ph.D.
- Synthetic Chemistry for Molecular Imaging - Xiankai Sun, Ph.D.
Simmons Cancer Center
- Biology of Human Tumors - Matteo Ligorio, M.D., Ph.D.
- Colorectal Surgery Clinical Research - Fadwa Ali, M.D.
- Limb Regeneration - Robert Tower, Ph.D.
- Simulation and Video Based Assessment - Ganesh Sankaranarayanan, Ph.D.
- Video Based Assessment Group - Ganesh Sankaranarayanan, Ph.D.
Questions about Postdoctoral Training Opportunities?
SGSPostdocOffice@utsouthwestern.edu the Postdoctoral Affairs Office for assistance.