Here are some of our favorite evidence-based emergency medicine online resources.
Resources Produced by Our Team
Part of the Free Open Access Medical Education (FOAMed) movement and a timely, comprehensive resource for the global emergency medicine community. It strives to elevate our field by fostering personal and academic growth of clinicians in order to maximize high-quality patient care. One of our faculty, Alexander Koyfman, M.D., is co-founder and editor-in-chief.
Medical talk show hosted by UT Southwestern Emergency Medicine Resident alumnus, John Corker, M.D.
We Dream Journal Club
Virtual quarterly journal club sponsored by our Department leadership that focuses on enhancing diverse leadership in medicine.
Amal Mattu, M.D.’s Emergency ECG Video of the Week
New cases reviewed every Monday to help you become the best at electrocardiography.
Scott Weingart, M.D.’s podcast. Bringing upstairs care, downstairs.
Emergency Medicine Literature of Note
Ryan Radecki, M.D. covers topics of interest to the integrity of scientific research and emergency medicine.
An innovative online medical education website currently under development by medical residents.
Review FOAM and tie it to core content.
Life in the Fastlane
Australasian critical care physicians and nurses explore the changing world of eLearning.
The Poison Review
A critical update and evaluation of recent scientific literature, news stories, and cultural events related to the field of medical toxicology.
Rezaie’s evidence-based evaluation of literature in emergency medicine.
The Skeptics Guide to Emergency Medicine
Meet ’em, greet ’em, treat ’em, and street ’em.
Diversity Initiatives at UT Southwestern
- Diversity and Inclusion at UT Southwestern
- UT Southwestern Faculty Diversity and Development
- Racial Bias Resource
- UT Southwestern Office of Student Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity Initiatives at National Organizations
- Academy for Diversity and Inclusion in Emergency Medicine (ADIEM)
- Academy for Women in Academic Emergency Medicine (AWAEM)
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- American Association of Women Emergency Physicians
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Diversity, Inclusion, and Health Equity
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Group on Diversity and Inclusion
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Group on Women in Medicine Science
- Council of Residency Directors (CORD) Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Emergency Medicine Residents Association (EMRA) Diversity and Inclusion
- Females Working in Emergency Medicine (FemInEM)
- Health Professionals Advancing LGBT Equality (GLMA)
- Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM)
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA)