Established by Byron Cryer, M.D., the Office of Faculty Development launched in January 2011 as the result of one of President Daniel K. Podolsky’s strategic initiatives for UT Southwestern Medical Center. Women's Careers, led by Helen Yin, Ph.D., was soon founded in April 2012 as a division of Faculty Development.
Faculty Development and Women's Careers are responsible for enabling department chairs, center directors, and other academic leaders to recruit and retain the very best faculty to campus, while also implementing strategies to promote the careers of women and underrepresented minorities.
To facilitate the recruitment, development, and retention of outstanding faculty at UT Southwestern.
The primary objectives are to:
- Provide career development resources
- Offer mentorship, sponsorship, and coaching
- Provide one-on-one career guidance and CV reviews
- Assist in the promotion and tenure process
- Broaden faculty research funding opportunities
Faculty Development is housed on the fourth floor of the McDermott Administration Building (B-building, South Campus). See Campus Map.