Emergency & Disaster Global Health Fellowship Program
The Emergency & Disaster Global Health Fellowship Program is a two-year, Texas Medical Board-accredited multidisciplinary experience offered by the Department of Emergency Medicine and the Division of Emergency & Disaster Global Health at UT Southwestern.
Why Train at UT Southwestern
Our outstanding faculty include many industry leaders who are doing remarkable work in the subspecialty of emergency and disaster global health. This expertise offers unmatched educational opportunities for our fellows in an exclusive, high-touch learning environment.
Fellowship candidates are ideally American Board of Emergency Medicine-certified/eligible physicians who:
- Have a passion for learning in diverse settings
- Enjoy field work and are willing to travel internationally
- Demonstrate a commitment to clinical excellence and patient safety in a variety of practice settings and locations.
Over this two-year fellowship, fellows learn through a variety of didactics to manage the acute and unscheduled health care needs of people:
- Following disasters or geographic displacement
- Under resource-limited conditions
- Experiencing disrupted local health care infrastructure
Current Fellows Fellowship Alumni