Health Services Provided
Student Health Services provides the following clinical services:
- Care for episodic illness (upper respiratory infection, urinary tract infections, poison ivy, muscle strains and sprains, etc.)
- Care for medical problems (acne, hypertension, allergic rhinitis, constipation, hypothyroidism, hyperlipidemia, etc.)
- Complete physical examinations
- Travel medicine: Recommendations regarding vaccines and prescriptions for vaccines and medications in preparation for foreign travel.
- Referrals: If you feel you need to see a specialist, call our office first. Our staff can usually manage your needs. If you do need to see a specialist, we can arrange the initial visit for you.
- Prescriptions and prescription refills
- Lab and imaging tests: Tests can be ordered through Student Health. Charges may apply.
Women’s Health Care
Services provided to women eligible for Student Health Services include:
- Well-woman exams
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Management of gynecological problems
- NOTE: We do not offer obstetrical care in Student Health. We refer patients who are pregnant to an on-campus Ob/Gyn physician.
Services Not Provided in Student Health
- Medical emergencies
- Obstetrical care
- Allergy shots
- Hearing tests
- Formal vision tests