The Department of Urology has a distinguished team of health care providers devoted to the diagnosis and treatment of conditions of the adrenal glands, kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate, and the male and female genital organs.
UT Southwestern Medical Center’s urologists draw referrals from across the nation and are notable for their many firsts:
- Introduced Texas to the use of radiofrequency ablation to treat kidney tumors
- Were the first to perform an innovative therapy for complex female genital reconstruction
- Conducted the first large bladder cancer screening study in the U.S.
- Were among the first in the world to offer continent urinary diversion for bladder cancer patients
Treating Complex Conditions
Our urologists offer treatments for some of the most complex urologic conditions, including specialized care to men, women, and children. Among the urology programs we offer and treatments we provide:
- Kidney stones – Endourology
- Men’s urology
- Male Infertility - Reproductive health
- Pediatric urology
- Prostate diseases
- Reconstructive urology
- Robotic and minimally invasive surgery
- Sexual dysfunction
- Urologic cancers
- Women’s urology
Prostate Cancer: Relevant Insights During COVID-19
Join Dr. Claus Roehrborn, Chair of the Department of Urology, and Dr. Ganesh Raj, Director of the Prostate Cancer Program, for a conversation about the latest advances in prostate cancer research, as well as insights about managing care during these unique times. This webinar was recorded on May 28th, 2020.
Kidney Stones: What You Need to Know
Patient Care Facilities
Physicians in the Department of Urology at UT Southwestern treat patients at four hospitals, three of which are located in the UT Southwestern Medical District.
- William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital – Designed to enhance the experience of our patients and their families; to promote our commitment to innovation and training; and to support our physicians and other caregivers in delivering safe, effective, and compassionate care to all who come to us for help.
- UT Southwestern Clinical Center at Richardson/Plano – Leading-edge therapies, innovative treatments, and exceptional care close to you.
- Parkland Hospital – As Dallas County’s only public hospital, this 983-bed facility has a large patient base.
- Children’s Health Children’s Medical Center – A private, nonprofit institution, Children’s deals exclusively with children from birth to age 18. It has more than 400 beds and houses more than 50 specialty clinics. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Children’s among the top hospitals nationwide in pediatric care.
- UT Southwestern Simmons Cancer Center – Fort Worth – One of only 68 nationally designated cancer centers in the country, UT Southwestern is home to many of the nation’s top cancer specialists.
- Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center – A 300-bed facility in southern Dallas
Additionally, physicians see patients at West Campus Building 3 at UT Southwestern.
Patients and referring physicians can find information on the Department of Urology’s clinical services or schedule an appointment by calling 214-645-8300, or by visiting UTSW Medicine.