Tissue is provided for medical research purposes when the following conditions have been met:
- Tissue has been donated with appropriate consent for research
- Tissue meets researcher’s specified need
- A written request for tissue has been received by TSC which contains:
- Copy of tissue-related protocol
- IRB approval, if required
- Signature of requesting M.D. or Ph.D.
Costs associated with the request will be discussed with the researcher once protocol requirements have been reviewed.
Infectious disease marker results are generally available upon request, but all tissue should be considered biohazardous and handled with universal precautions.
Request for tissue and support documents can be sent to: TSCcircleofservice@utsouthwestern.edu. For specific questions, please call 214-645-8374.