Nephrology Fellowship Overview
The Nephrology Fellowship Program at UT Southwestern Medical Center provides comprehensive training in clinical nephrology and research. Since its inception in 1956, the program has maintained an extraordinary history of training individuals who become leaders in the field of nephrology. The strength of our program is derived from two pillars:
- A tremendous breadth of clinical experience
- A strong faculty body with a tradition of excellence in nephrology research
The UT Southwestern Nephrology Fellowship Mission Statement:
- To train fellows to achieve excellence in the knowledge and practice of nephrology by providing them a strong foundation in the discipline as well as cultivating a commitment to lifelong learning.
- To develop leaders in nephrology in academics, community medicine, or industry.
- To contribute to the advancement of our knowledge of renal physiology and disease.
- To support the wellness and resilience of fellows.
Thank for your interest in the UT Southwestern Fellowship Program. Please take the time to explore us in greater detail through the following links:
- History of the Fellowship
- Fellowship Tracks
- Training Sites
- Integrated Curriculum
- Additional Program Enhancements
- Current Fellows and Recent Graduates
- Fellow Life
- Living in Dallas
- How to Apply
- International Applicants
Innovations in Kidney Education
Our faculty received the ASN Innovations in Kidney Education Contest (IKEC) awards in 2015 and 2016 (twice!), recognizing the talent of our wonderful teaching faculty. Feel free to download the tools for your own education or to supplement your existing teaching curriculum. Both are built in PowerPoint and require that you enable macros and turn off protected view when prompted. Mac users may not be able to successfully use the tool:
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT) Simulator. This tool facilitates learning about CRRT by simulating user-defined modifications in prescription. It provides cases that allow the learner to explore clinical scenarios that the nephrology practitioner will encounter in the care of a critically ill population.
- Hyponatremia Illustrated. This resource reviews the many causes of hyponatremia and walks the user through the physiologic principles at play.