Hospital Medicine Education
In addition to their clinical duties, Hospital Medicine faculty members actively participate in the educational programs of UT Southwestern Medical Center and Children’s Health℠.
All hospitalists hold faculty appointments at the Medical School and are expected to create novel educational opportunities for students and residents. Faculty teaches:
- UT Southwestern’s categorical residency students
- Family practice interns from local programs (John Peter Smith, Methodist Charlton, and UT Southwestern)
- Third-year Medical School students from UT Southwestern
- Trainees doing elective rotations from outside programs
- Nursing education students
About the Hospital Medicine Elective
A hospitalist elective recently sparked interest and is now offered to third-year pediatric residents.