We are taking a team and safety-based approach to critical care during COVID-19.
During this high-stress, high-risk time, we have adapted our resuscitation structure to minimize exposure and maintain a high level of patient care. Patients receiving aerosol generating procedures will be treated as if they are COVID-19 positive for the protection of our front-line workers.
- Resuscitation Priorities and General Safety Principles (Part 1)
- Protected Intubation (Part 2)
- Protected Code Blue (Part 3)
Airway Pre-Intubation Brief
This is a demonstration of what is discussed during a brief prior to performing an airway intubation on a patient with COVID-19.
This is a demonstration of assigning roles during a brief prior to performing an airway intubation on a patient with COVID-19.
Intubation Run Through
Doctors demonstrate how to properly complete an airway intubation on a patient with COVID-19.
Articles and Resources
- EM: RAP COVID 19
- Hippo Education
- Critically Ill Adults with COVID-19
- DEM Airway and Code Recs-Gundert and Bonfanti (PDF)
- Protected Code Blue (PDF)
- Protected Intubation Checklist BW (PDF)
- Protected Intubation Checklist Color (PDF)
- Protected Intubation Pre-Brief (PDF)
- References and External Resources (PDF)
You can help make a difference in our community. Our staff is working around the clock to fight this pandemic and give exceptional care for our patients and their families. Your generosity helps us work together as an entire community now more than ever. You can contribute to the fight against COVID-19 from your home, and we appreciate all possible help.