The UT Southwestern Medical Center Office of Admissions, a team within Student and Alumni Affairs, is delighted that you are considering one of our academic programs. This page provides general information about the admissions process with program-specific information available under each program link.
UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Please see the Graduate School’s admissions page for specific instructions on how to apply to programs offered by the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences.
UT Southwestern Medical School
Applications must be made through the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS). Admission to UT Southwestern Medical School is determined by an Admission Committee appointed by the Dean of the Medical School, comprising faculty members from both basic science and clinical departments. A personal interview is required and is initiated by invitation from the Admissions Committee.
- Primary application for the M.D. program
- Primary Application for the Medical Scientist Training Program (M.D./Ph.D.)
UT Southwestern School of Health Professions
- Please see the School of Health Professions’ admissions page for specific instructions on how to apply to programs offered by the school.
UT Southwestern Peter O’Donnell Jr. School of Public Health
- Please see the O'Donnell School’s admissions page for specific instructions on how to apply to the M.P.H., M.D./M.P.H., and Ph.D. programs.