Applications Open for Fall 2024
We are now accepting applications for the M.P.H. and Ph.D. Programs. Apply today
How Do I Apply?
- Apply and receive admittance to UTSW’s M.D. Program. We send you an email with more information about the dual degree application after you’re admitted into the M.D. program.
- Complete the M.P.H. Program application through the online portal. You may begin the M.P.H. application at any time during the application period, but do not submit your application before you receive your M.D. admittance.
- Provide a personal statement.
M.P.H. Personal Statement Guidelines
Your personal statement is a chance for us to get to know you and your academic and professional goals as a potential student in our program.
In 1,000 words or less, please:
- State your reasons for pursuing an M.P.H.
- Clearly and concisely, describe your relevant public health experience.
- Indicate why you feel UT Southwestern might be a good fit for you.
Ph.D. Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- What interests you about your chosen concentration: Health Economics and Policy or Health Data Sciences?
- Why did you choose UT Southwestern?
- Describe your research interest, relevant work, and commitment to public health.
- What are your short- and long-term career objectives?
- Describe how your personal background and life experiences led to your decision to pursue a Ph.D. in Public Health.
If you have admissions questions, please contact us (email@example.com).