We host events all across the UT Southwestern campus. Whether we are conducting activities, leading a workshop, hosting a luncheon, or sponsoring a speaker for a Diversity Lunch and Learn, you will find culture and diversity celebrated throughout UT Southwestern Medical Center.
The variety of programs and activities are included in the following groupings:
Mentoring and student engagement are a core component of our programming. We offer many opportunities for students to meet mentors and engage with the campus community.
- Gotcha Covered Mentoring Program
- LGBTQ Mentoring Program
- Mentoring Brunches
- Individual Coffee and Conversation Mentoring
- Diverse Student Organization Support
- Monthly MS1 Check-in Lunches
- Kickin’ It with the Dean – Monthly Lunches
Students who identify as LGBTQ+ can find an inclusive environment that is warm and welcoming, with supportive programming to enhance the student experience at UT Southwestern.
Programs and activities dedicated to our LGBTQ+, and allies, are vast and include:
- National Coming Out Day Celebration
- LGBTQ+ student-led organizations
- Diversity Lunch and Learns with specific topics geared toward this community
- Ally training
- LGBTQ+ mentoring support
- Pride Parade Brunch
Professional and Educational Development
We are always developing programs and activities that support students in their professional and educational development that add a layer to their formal education.
- Interview Readiness Preparedness Dinner
- Mock Quals
- Mock Residency Interviews
- Wards Bootcamp
- Diversity Lunch and Learns
- Health Care Disparities Elective
- White Coat Family Brunch
Social and Cultural Events
We always find time to add enjoyment to the students’ lives with social and cultural events. Whether it’s celebrating a holiday, hosting a cultural luncheon, or even just having an ice cream break, students enjoy downtime from the stressors of school.