Log Your Volunteer Hours
See the impact UT Southwestern has on our community
UT Service & Civic Participation is part of the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation and promotes our proud tradition of volunteer service. The Council created the President’s Volunteer Service Award as a way to thank and honor Americans who engage in volunteer service and, by doing so, inspire others to volunteer their time and energy. The Award recognizes and honors those who set a standard of service to others.
Volunteer service hours are not limited to those performed on behalf of UT Southwestern. In fact, service hours can be accumulated through work on a variety of projects in which you participate throughout the year. The service year for UT Southwestern is from May 2018 to April 2019.
Keep track of your hours and help your organization and UT Southwestern showcase our community service involvement. The President’s Volunteer Service Award website also offers a special search function for finding volunteer opportunities based on zip codes.
To Register an Account
- Visit the Presidential Service Awards website.
- Create a profile page using your first and last name.
- Create a password you can remember.
- For your address, use UT Southwestern. For your city, use your class/college and year you will graduate (Grad 2022/Seldin 2022/PT2020).
- Be sure to include your UT Southwestern email address as it allows for tracking.
- After your account is created, you will be able to view your profile from the “Welcome Page.”
- From the “Welcome Page” after your account is created, add the UT Southwestern Record of Service Key – FTF-20664. (This will tie you to UT Southwestern and allow for certification of your record). On this page, you will also be able to see that you are connected to UT Southwestern.
Logging Your Service
- Log in to the site at the Presidential Services Awards website.
- Select My Service.
- Select Add Activity.
- Add your Volunteer Activity to the site. Note: At the bottom of the page, you can also export your service record to Microsoft Excel for your convenience.
Important Things to Remember
- You do not need to create a new account each year.
- You will earn hours toward the President’s Volunteer Service Award.