You're In: Congratulations
You have been offered admission to the UT Southwestern Medical School. Our Admissions Committee was extremely impressed by your academic credentials, personal qualities, and accomplishments. Your acceptance is a testament to the value we believe you will contribute as a member of the Class of 2022. We know you will be an excellent future physician, and truly hope you will continue your journey at UT Southwestern Medical School this fall.
Now what? Now that you’ve been accepted, let’s talk about what UT Southwestern Medical School can offer you as a future physician. You can also use this site for information on upcoming events and important next steps.
Welcome to Our World. Come Add to Its Richness.
UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas has been preparing the physicians of tomorrow and building foundations for successful careers in medicine for 75 years.
We consistently rank among the best programs in the country. U.S. News & World Report ranked UT Southwestern Medical School 19th in primary care and 26th in research in the country.
Consider our advantages:
Excellent clinical training
- Ranked 19th in primary care and 26th in research by U.S. News & World Report
- Dynamic new curriculum, rich in clinical experiences and electives from the first year on
- Unsurpassed training facilities that include two University Hospitals, one of the nation’s busiest public hospitals, and a children’s hospital – one of the largest in the nation
- Check out our new, 28,000 square-foot Simulation Center – one of the largest of its kind in the nation
Exceptional preparation for top residency programs.
- Our graduates routinely secure residencies in top-rated national programs across the United States, typically in more than 20 specialty areas
- Our students consistently have Match rates well above the national average and score higher than the national average for both Step 1 and Step 2 of the Medical Licensing Exam
- Each year, more than 50 of our students choose to stay at UT Southwestern and enter our affiliated residency programs, which are ranked among the best in the nation
Abundant research opportunities
- More than 5,800 research projects, fueled by more than $427 million in funding
- Ample opportunities to participate in research, including a Scholarly Activity period with multiple research tracks available and more than 450 labs on campus
- More NAS members (22) and Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigators (14) on faculty than all other medical institutions in Texas combined
- Our faculty have won 6 Nobel Prizes
Dallas – A thriving city
- UT Southwestern Medical School is located in the heart of one of the fastest-growing areas of the country
- The 68-acre Dallas Arts District, located close to the UT Southwestern campus, is the largest urban arts district in the nation
- Dallas has more restaurants per capita than New York City
Make your future in medicine here.
The future of medicine, today – UT Southwestern.