International & DACA Students

International Students

Students who are citizens of countries other than the United States are not eligible for federal or state sources of financial aid at UT Southwestern.

Students in the following programs who receive funding to cover tuition, fees, and/or health insurance are not required to file a FAFSA. The FAFSA is also not required to receive a Ph.D. research assistantship.

International students may be eligible to apply for some external scholarships. They also are sometimes able to secure a private education loan, although that will usually require a credit-worthy cosigner who is a US citizen or permanent resident for approval.

If you are in financial crisis, please review our Student Emergency Resources page for assistance. Note that any degree-seeking student at UT Southwestern is eligible to apply for the Meyerson Emergency Fund.

For more information about UT Southwestern’s services for international students, please visit UTSW International Affairs Office.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Students

Undocumented individuals, including DACA recipients, are not eligible for federal financial aid, but they may be eligible for state financial aid if they are Texas residents (as defined by Texas state statute). Undocumented individuals who believe they are Texas residents should file the Texas Application for Student Financial Aid (TASFA). Do not file both a FAFSA and a TASFA.