Conflict of Interest
UT Southwestern Medical Center and the Conflict of Interest Office ensure that relationships with outside entities do not:
- Bias the design, conduct, or reporting of research
- Detract from teaching, research, clinical, or administrative responsibilities
- Influence the research training of students or trainees
- Result in improper transfers of state resources
All "Covered Individuals" must submit a Statement of Financial Interests form so that any potential conflicts of interest can be identified and appropriately managed. A Statement must include any financial interest received by the covered individual or covered family member which reasonably appears related to or could reasonably impact the covered individual’s institutional responsibilities. Covered individuals may include individuals at affiliate institutions that are engaged in ongoing research at UT Southwestern.
For calendar year 2021, the COI Office will send Covered Individuals reminders to submit the Statement of Financial Interests during the required disclosure period between January 11th, 2021 and March 1st, 2021.
- If you have UTSW credentials, click on this link to access your 2021 Statement of Financial Interests.
- If you do not have UTSW credentials, click on this link and use the username and password sent to your email by COI SMART to access your 2021 Statement of Financial Interests.
If you are submitting a Statement of Financial Interests and have interests and/or activities to disclose, please refer to this COI-SMART Tutorial.
If you are submitting a Statement of Financial Interests and do not have interests and/or activities to disclose, please refer to this COI-SMART Tutorial.