The estimated cost of the 18-month Master of Prosthetics-Orthotics Program, including tuition, fees, and books, is $22,000 for Texas residents (and students who qualify for the Academic Common Market) and $47,000 for non-Texas residents.
There are a number of scholarship opportunities available to our students. The Dean’s office or program will notify students of available scholarship opportunities throughout the year. Our students have applied for and received:
- Dan McKeever Scholarship: $1,000
- Chester Haddan Scholarship: $,1000
- OPERF Student Award: $500
- Dean’s Competitive Scholarship: $1,000
- AJ Allen Memorial Scholarship: $500
- The Orthotic and Prosthetic Education and Research Foundation Student Award: $200
- Schermerhorn Scholarship: $500
- Association of Allied Health Professions Scholarship of Excellence Scholarship: $1,000
- Texas Society of Allied Health Professions: $300
- The Pearson Benjamin Cummings Allied Health Student Scholarship: $1,250
After you’re accepted to the program, you can meet with a financial aid counselor in the UT Southwestern Financial Aid Office for information and help in applying for federal and state grants, loans, and scholarships. You can reach them by phone at 214-648-3611.
For a more detailed estimate of the cost of attendance please visit the Financial Aid 2018-2019 Cost of Attendance.
Here are other resources you may find helpful:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The Minnie Stevens Piper Foundation: Financial Aid Programs
UT Southwestern has built a 282-apartment housing complex on campus. Campus Housing can provide more details about this and other housing options.