Eligibility and Application Process
To be considered, applicants must have completed a fully accredited pediatric residency training in North America by the beginning of the fellowship. Fellowship applicants must be board certified in pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) or must be eligible to take the ABP general pediatric examination during the first year of fellowship training.
In addition, graduates of foreign medical schools must possess a valid ECFMG certificate. We do accept applications from persons holding J-1 visas.
According to institutional policy, we cannot accept applications from anyone holding any type of H visa at the time of application.
We have positions for two fellows each year. Application to the UT Southwestern pediatric cardiology fellowship program is made through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) website.
We participate in the Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Match Program administered by the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
We accept applications until September 15 through the ERAS system. Please submit all documents through ERAS.
- Online application through ERAS
- Recent photograph
- Personal statement
- Why do you want to specialize in pediatric cardiology?
- What past experiences have informed your choice of pediatric cardiology?
- What are you looking for in a training program?
- What are your career goals?
- Letters of recommendation (maximum of four  letters):
- A member of the Division of Pediatric Cardiology at your residency training institution
- Residency program director or department chair
- Research mentor
- An attending of your choosing
- Dean's letter and evaluation
- Medical school transcript
- Copies of USMLE scores or COMLEX scores. (If step 3 has not been taken, please indicate date exam is to be taken.)
- Copy of immigration visa, if applicable (email to the Program Coordinator)
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate (if applicable)
- June: MyERAS opens to applicants
- July: UT Southwestern begins to download applications
- September–November: Selected applicants (among those who have submitted complete applications) will be interviewed in Dallas
- September 15: Deadline for the application and all supplementary material (as noted in the checklist) to be submitted
- November: Rank lists are submitted - exact date to be determined
- December: Match results are announced - exact date to be determined
Director, Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Program
Associate Director, Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship Program