Benefits Related to COVID-19
To help alleviate some of the strain and connect those in need of child care with those offering to help, we have launched We Communicate Available Resources for Employees, or We CARE. We CARE is an experiment modeled after programs that have launched at other institutions experiencing similar strain.
For UT Southwestern faculty, staff, residents, and fellows who are required to report to work onsite and are seeking child care, please use this form to request child care help.
Once registered, you will receive a list of willing providers that you can contact directly. Registering via this link requires a UT Southwestern email address.
For those residents and fellows who wish to request child care and do not have a UT Southwestern email address, please contact Faculty Wellness at FacultyWellness@UTSouthwestern.edu to be added to We CARE.
For UT Southwestern students and faculty who are available to provide child care, please use this form to register as a potential provider.
Please note that this is simply a matching program and those seeking child care must reach out directly to those available to connect and negotiate availability, duration, location, and fees.
While we at UTSW are providing this matching service, UTSW is not liable nor responsible for its outcome.
The University of Texas Office of Employee Benefits (OEB) is closely monitoring activity around the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). We are committed to assisting those who might be affected and helping our members and institutions stay informed about benefits related to COVID-19.
The following key details may be helpful for you and your family should you need care related to COVID-19:
Effective immediately, the UT SELECT and UT CONNECT plans will not require prior authorization and will waive member copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles associated with testing for COVID-19 when medically necessary and consistent with CDC guidance.
- With regard to treatment for COVID-19, UT SELECT and UT CONNECT will cover medically necessary services consistent with the terms of each plan, including physician services, hospitalization, and emergency services.
- A primary care physician copayment will apply for medically necessary treatment delivered to a patient who may be quarantined under CDC guidelines in a setting other than inpatient.
- For specific questions about your UT SELECT coverage, members should call a Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health Advocate at 866-882-2034. For UT CONNECT, please contact the CONNECT customer service team at 888-399-8889.
- Virtual doctor visits through MDLIVE continue to be available with no out-of-pocket costs and can be used when appropriate.
- Any person experiencing illness should contact their doctor or MDLIVE.
- Should members need to access an early refill of prescription medication, they may do so through their UT SELECT and UT CONNECT prescription benefits. Express Scripts, our pharmacy benefit manager, has lifted the “refill too soon” limitations to accommodate early refills for prescription medications up to a 90-day supply.
- All other UT Benefits programs will continue to operate according to the plan specifications. This includes dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance. For disability and life insurance purposes, COVID-19 will be treated just like any other illness.
OEB and our business partners will continue to work together to ensure business continuity. Our primary goal continues to be that you and your family can rely on UT Benefits to cover the care you need.
The COVID-19 Virtual Care Clinic is just for employees and family members.
The clinic provides quick access to one of our expert clinicians for a COVID-19 screening.