Employee Assistance Program
Your employer can offer an Employee Assistance Program, or EAP, as part of an employee benefits package. The UT Southwestern EAP is designed to assist employees who may be dealing with personal problems that affect their relationships at home and at work. Your employer recognizes that employees and their families sometimes need to address problems in a confidential, professional manner.
Who is covered by the UTSW EAP?
- UT Southwestern Medical Center
- Arena Operating Company (American Airlines Center)
- Children’s Health℠
- Humphrey and Associates, Inc.
- UT Dallas
What is your EAP coverage?
A limited number of counseling sessions are available for you and eligible members of your family.
- No fees, unless referred outside the EAP
- Daytime and evening appointments
- Licensed counselors (Master's and above)
- Private and confidential. The EAP provides assistance in a safe and private atmosphere and is committed to maintaining the program's strict confidentiality. When you seek help, the EAP counselor will not contact anyone at your employment without your written permission, and then only in accordance with applicable state and federal laws that govern both the employer and employee. Details about why you are seeing a counselor or what you are discussing will not be revealed without your written permission.
Use of the EAP will not jeopardize your job or chance for promotion. Call us for a free consultation with a licensed professional.
What services are provided?
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week access
- Central intake 800 number
- Coordination of benefits
- Critical Incident Stress Debriefings (CISD)
- EAP orientations
- Educational seminars
- Flexible session models (determined by each contract)
- Multiple locations
- Referrals to community resources
- Supervisory trainings and consultations
- Utilization reports