Want to become a leader? Need a little help on just how to develop and strengthen your leadership skills?
Watch the Leadership Now! professional development videos that highlight four key concepts needed to become a successful leader in academic medicine and in your everyday life! Each of the four videos is 4-7 minutes long; in less than 30 minutes you will have viewed the entire Leadership Now! course.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions or need more information.
Concepts and Objectives
- Understand the importance of knowing yourself and others in order to lead
- Learn useful tools to help you better understand yourself and others
- Find your DISC style by taking the free DISC assessment
Communicating with Impact
- Learn effective communication skills
- Understand and practice body language and organized communications
Intention vs. Perception
- Learn about emotional Intelligence
- Master self- and social awareness and management
Effective Time Management
- Understand time management
- Learn and use prioritization tools
- Byron Cryer, M.D., Associate Dean, Faculty Diversity and Development: Grant Principal Investigator
- Shawna Nesbitt, M.D., Associate Dean, Student Diversity and Inclusion: Grant Collaborator
- Helen Yin, Ph.D., Associate Dean, Office of Women’s Careers: Grant Collaborator
- Robert Rege, M.D., Professor and Associate Dean for Undergraduate Medical Education: Grant Collaborator
- Dawn Cureton, Director, Student Diversity and Inclusion
- Christina Ahn, Ph.D., Director, Faculty Diversity and Development/Office of Women’s Careers
- Marissa Hansen, M.A., Management Analyst, Faculty Diversity and Development/Office of Women’s Careers