Postdoctoral Association (PDA)
Postdoctoral Association (PDA) at UT Southwestern is comprised of several committees and an executive board including:
- Floating Members
The mission of the PDA
- Develop a sense of community through scientific and social interaction.
- Promote effective training and career development.
- Represent and address issues relevant to postdoctoral researchers.
- Ease the transition for new, particularly international postdoctoral researchers.
Committees of the PDA
Career Development Committee (CDC)
- Promotes training of postdocs beyond the bench by organizing informative seminars, panel discussions, and workshops.
- Organizes multiple events throughout the year to promote the visibility of scientists in the local community.
- Provides postdocs with opportunities to gain teaching experience through interaction with local schools, science fair judging, and participating in science workshops
- Fosters social interactions among postdocs and provides an avenue for those wishing to meet new people.
- Activities include happy hours, ice cream socials, and coffee breaks.
- Eases the transition of international postdocs by providing information and resources in collaboration with the International Office and the Postdoctoral Affairs Office.
- Digital newsletter that is distributed every several weeks.
- Publishes articles of interest to the postdoc community, such as in career development and scientific research.
- Provides news of the PDO and the PDA committees, updates about seminars and events in UTSW and beyond.
For additional information or questions, firstname.lastname@example.org.