HIPAA Privacy Office
Welcome to the Privacy Office at UT Southwestern Medical Center. We ensure that UT Southwestern complies with the privacy laws, rules, and policies.
Our office handles issues related to privacy practices, policies, concerns, and complaints. We also act as a resource for patients, staff, and students. The privacy laws provide for certain patient rights.
These rights include:
- The right to receive a Notice of Privacy Practices (NPP)
- The right to confidential communications (to call you at a certain number or use a specific mailing address when communicating about your care)
- The right to request restrictions (access to your protected health information)
- The right to access your medical records or a record of releases of your health information
- The right to amend your medical records (to correct erroneous information)
- The right to an accounting of disclosures (to whom UT Southwestern provides information about you)
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Attn: Privacy Office
2777 N. Stemmons Fwy
Dallas, TX 75207