Education and Prevention
The Texas Institute for Brain Injury and Repair’s leading clinical initiative is a comprehensive concussion network.
TIBIR's Concussion Network will deliver expert brain injury education to coaches, school nurses, athletic trainers, and parents about the risks of sports-related injuries. The Network will also provide 24/7 consultative medicine for concussions and brain injuries.
Concussion Conference Series
TIBIR in conjunction with UT Southwestern and Children's Medical Center will host a conference series on current clinical treatment/management of concussions and the translational medicine aimed at improving outcomes for those with concussions.
Topics will include:
- Evaluation of concussion in a clinical setting
- Chronic effects of concussions
- Concussions and Neuropsychology
- Neurosurgical Interventions
- Neuroradiology and other Imaging
- Concussions in the ICU
- Impacts on the vestibular system and autonomic function
- Neurobehavioral aspects of concussion