The Leadership Foundations Program is required for eligible non-faculty people managers with supervisory responsibility (up to and including Assistant Vice Presidents).
- Builds leadership and management competencies among new and existing leaders
- Delivered in four all-day sessions across four consecutive months
- Cohort-based with peers who will examine the distinctive characteristics and skills leaders must develop and model to succeed within UT Southwestern
- Developed in partnership with UT Southwestern executive leaders
To build engagement by encouraging sharing and enhancing leadership potential throughout the institution.
- Instructor-led sessions
- Professional assessments
- Customized case studies
- Instructional videos
- Study of relevant work scenarios
- Pre- and post-session assignments
- Thought-provoking debate and analysis with self-reflection and personal development
The instructors are UTSW leaders who create an engaging, challenging and motivating learning environment. The program also includes participants’ direct supervisors, who will be provided post-session resources to encourage application of learned concepts and practices on the job.
Leadership Foundations Sessions & Topics
|1. Leading Self||2. Leading People||3. Leading People||4. Leading Business|