Postdoctoral Professional Outcomes
Postdoctoral Alumni Career Pathways
As graduate students considering postdoctoral training at UT Southwestern, we encourage you to review our postdoctoral training outcomes to determine if we are the right fit for your career aspirations.
If you are a current postdoctoral trainee, we encourage you to review the postdoc training outcomes to open your mind to the breadth of opportunities and to help you make informed career decisions.
- Professional Outcomes, Demographics, and Program Metrics of Postdoctoral Graduates 2018-2019
- Professional Outcomes and Demographics of Postdoctoral Graduates 2017-2018
- Professional Outcomes and Demographics of Postdoctoral Graduates 2016-2017
- Professional Outcomes of Postdoctoral Graduates 2010-2015
- Professional Outcomes of Postdoctoral Graduates 2000-2015
- Multiple strategies are used to gather data, including reaching out through the trainee’s former mentor, emailing alumni directly, and looking up information through social media, primarily LinkedIn and Google.
- Many of our postdoc alumni participate in additional postdoctoral training or education. An important contributing factor is how many UT Southwestern graduate students continue here as postdocs for several months after their degree completion but before starting postdoctoral training at another institution.
- The large majority of our postdoc alumni are employed in the academic sector. Important contributing factors are that UT Southwestern is a stand-alone medical center with no undergraduates, located in the south-central region of the US, and typically trains a primarily international postdoc community (~70%) with visa/work limitations.
- We have broad diversity in the multitude of job functions fulfilled by our graduates.