Endowments & Development
The Department of Ophthalmology is grateful for the following endowments:
Ball for Eye Research
- Shirley G. and Norman Alweis Endowment for Vision
- Lillian and James Cain Endowment in Vision Loss
- Dr. George E. Holladay Ophthalmology Library Fund Honoring Dr. John Lynn
- Maurice Jameson Fund for Research of Macular Degeneration
- Anne Marie and Thomas B. Walker Jr. Fund for Research on Macular Degeneration of the Retina
- The David Bruton, Jr. Chair in Ophthalmology – James P. McCulley, M.D.
- Dr. W. Maxwell Thomas Chair in Ophthalmology – Preston H. Blomquist, M.D.
- Josephine Long Biddle Chair in Age-Related Macular Degeneration Research – Yu-Guang He, M.D.
- Royal C. Miller Chair in Age-Related Macular Degeneration Research – Jerry Y. Niederkorn, Ph.D.
- Carol F. Zimmerman, M.D. Lecture Series in Neuro-Ophthalmology
- John R. Lynn, M.D. Lecture Series in Ophthalmology (Glaucoma)
- Seymour Gostin Endowment Fund for Lectures in Ophthalmology
- George A. and Nancy P. Shutt Professorship in Medical Science – Jerry Y. Niederkorn, Ph.D.
- Irene Wadel and Robert I. Atha, Jr. Professorship in Ophthalmology, in Honor of R. Wayne Bowman, M.D. – R. Wayne Bowman, M.D.
- Zora Meagher Macular Degeneration Research Professorship – Yu-Guang He, M.D.
Jean H. & John T. Walter Jr. Center for Research in Age-Related Macular Degeneration
The Ball for Eye Research is an annual event hosted by the Department of Ophthalmology. Since 2001, the Ball has raised more than $1.9 million to prevent blindness, preserve sight, and enhance and extend the quality of vision life through research and clinical care.
Ball for Eye Research proceeds support vision research in the Department of Ophthalmology at UT Southwestern.
For information on attending and contributing to the Ball, contact 214-648-0347.